[Info-vax] AlphaVM-EV6 line – the fastest and low cost HP|DEC|Compaq Alpha hardware emulators by EmuVM
EmuVM
2012-06-08 11:54:38 UTC
One year ago EmuVM company (http://emuvm.com/) had announced the release of a new freeware Alpha emulator for both Linux and Windows named AlphaVM-free. The AlphaVM-free was proposed for testing to each person who is interested in the question.
Now we are glad to announce the commercial version of the new emulator for Alpha servers DS10/DS20/ES40 called AlphaVM-EV6. Its performance is up to 310 VUPs on some hardware. This is equal to SPECint_rate2000=422 in accordance with SPEC CPU2000 results published by SPEC.
We are permanently developing and enhancing our AlphaVM products line. In a nearest future we expect to reach its performance on the Alpha ES40 6/833 level that equals SPECint_rate2000=631.

You can download AlphaVM-free at the Downloads (http://emuvm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=6) page.
Please, don't hesitate to ask us any question using contacts from Contact us (http://emuvm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=11) page.

Every interested person can get familiar with whole range of our products, the prices and actions using http://emuvm.com/.
V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
2012-06-08 12:05:41 UTC
Nomen Nescio
2012-06-08 14:46:15 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
One year ago EmuVM company (http://emuvm.com/) had announced the release of=
a new freeware Alpha emulator for both Linux and Windows named AlphaVM-fre=
e. The AlphaVM-free was proposed for testing to each person who is interest=
ed in the question.
Now we are glad to announce the commercial version of the new emulator for =
Alpha servers DS10/DS20/ES40 called AlphaVM-EV6. Its performance is up to 3=
10 VUPs on some hardware. This is equal to SPECint_rate2000=3D422 in accord=
ance with SPEC CPU2000 results published by SPEC.
We are permanently developing and enhancing our AlphaVM products line. In a=
nearest future we expect to reach its performance on the Alpha ES40 6/833 =
level that equals SPECint_rate2000=3D631.=20
You can download AlphaVM-free at the Downloads (http://emuvm.com/index.php?=
option=3Dcom_content&view=3Darticle&id=3D5&Itemid=3D6) page.=20
Please, don't hesitate to ask us any question using contacts from Contact u=
s (http://emuvm.com/index.php?option=3Dcom_content&view=3Darticle&id=3D1&It=
emid=3D11) page.
Every interested person can get familiar with whole range of our products, =
the prices and actions using http://emuvm.com/. =20
OK. I downloaded your Linux distribution (after fixing the quoted-pukeable
horked URL) and I have 'alphavm_free-1-0-5-linux_x64.exe'. I then downloaded
the Alphavm documentation. It only speaks to installation on WEENDOZE. What
do I do with this .exe on Linux???
VirtualBox or VMWare is *their* friend.

You would think people smart enough to know there's a market for Alpha would
also be smart enough to know the people who used to run Alphas don't want to
run an Alpha emulator on Windows.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Nomen Nescio

PLONK
brad
2012-06-09 00:22:55 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
One year ago EmuVM company (http://emuvm.com/) had announced the release of=
a new freeware Alpha emulator for both Linux and Windows named AlphaVM-fre=
e.
OK. I downloaded your Linux distribution (after fixing the quoted-pukeable
horked URL) and I have 'alphavm_free-1-0-5-linux_x64.exe'. I then downloaded
the Alphavm documentation. It only speaks to installation on WEENDOZE. What
do I do with this .exe on Linux???
Hi Brian,

I had the same question, then looked carefully at pp. 29-30 of the manual,
where he shows an example configuration file, which should be re-edited
for your needs, and run from a "command line" (Terminal?) on a Linux box.
a***@gmail.com
2012-06-09 08:38:52 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
OK. I downloaded your Linux distribution (after fixing the quoted-pukeable
horked URL) and I have 'alphavm_free-1-0-5-linux_x64.exe'.
After download you can do the follwoing
chmod a+x alphavm_free-1-0-5-linux_x64.exe
mv alphavm_free-1-0-5-linux_x64.exe alphavm

It is a Linux executable. The extension is added because there where problems with the website download plugin with extensionless files.
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
I then downloaded
the Alphavm documentation. It only speaks to installation on WEENDOZE. What
do I do with this .exe on Linux???
There is a section in the User Manual about running from command line. The example configuration file is given

You can run the emulator as
./alphavm <config-file>

Sorry for inconveniences, it is not clearly stated in the documentation.
brad
2012-06-09 09:49:29 UTC
Post by V***@SendSpamHere.ORG
I then downloaded
the Alphavm documentation. It only speaks to installation on WEENDOZE.
What do I do with this .exe on Linux???
There is a section in the User Manual about running from command line.
The example configuration file is given
You can run the emulator as
./alphavm <config-file>
Sorry for inconveniences, it is not clearly stated in the documentation.
Thanks for the clarification - I guessed that this was your intent, but
the details help.
[...]
a***@gmail.com
2012-06-18 17:55:27 UTC
A new version for Linux x64 - AlphaVM-free 1.1.3 is avalailable for download at http://emuvm.com.

It has a number of additions and but fixes.

It is now distributed as a compressed directory, rather than just an executable. The directory contains the executable, a disk creation tool, an example configuration etc.
Michael Kraemer
2012-06-18 18:22:16 UTC
Mspec
2012-07-13 09:44:23 UTC
&gt; A new version for Linux x64 - AlphaVM-free 1.1.3 is avalailable for download at http://emuvm.com.
&gt;
&gt; It has a number of additions and but fixes.
You mean &quot;butt fixes&quot;?
I think it's "bug fixes" and I've seen AlphaVM-free 1.1.4 on http://emuvm.com/ already.